SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT
The oldest urban settlements appeared in the 9th century BC. Since then, the city has undergone considerable changes from small-localized settlements to densely populated. In the same vein, it has been affirmed that cities characterized by their soaring growth are the future of modern civilization; a statement that is difficult to argue with the predictions that 70% of the populace will be living in urban areas by 2050. Cities concentrate on human resources and drive countries’ economic growth so also it is the determinant and dominant barometer of the wealth of the nation.
COVID 19 has surely reiterated the age-long statement that health is wealth and that the global cities are a pandemic or an epidemic away from being submerged into bankruptcy as it is prevalently apparent everywhere in the globe. This sector also encourages living in serenity and sanctity. We at SGE are also championing campaign in this direction by encouraging the masses and administration to engage in the prerequisites of prevention of the spread of the pandemic and other ailments in the area channeling our budget towards the realization of SDGs in health sectors.
In order to adequately sensitize and lead the city on sustainability, these SDGs guideline highlights will be applied by SGE on the Urban sustainable Planning strategy. It involves Passive Solar Planning, Ventilation, Urban network, land density and flexibility of uses and its aptitude, reuse of urban area, built environment rehabilitation, distribution and connectivity green spaces, indigenous vegetation, environmental monitoring, efficient renewable and centralize management of energy, management of drinking and wastewater, sustainable materials, construction and demolition waste, management of urban solid waste, air quality, carbon rebate, and rating, outdoor thermal comfort, Acoustic and light pollution, safety in the streets, natural and technological risk, proximity of service, entertainment equipment, local production of food, public transportation, pedestrian accessibility, cycle paths network, public spaces, heritage valuation and landscape, integration and social inclusion, economic viability, employability, information and communication technology.
Though tangible progress has been made in the area of smart cities, AI (artificial intelligence), waste recycling and management, VR ( Virtual Reality), BIM ( building information modeling), Robotics, cheaper solar system and other renewable energy to mention few; in order to bring comfort to man, however, these have contributed its own token to the cumulative stresses of the built environment and demand a necessary response from the society to continually maintain a leveled scale between the architectural molecules of the city and its environment. At this point in response is the SGE campaign using the SDGs to combat those problems to ensure sustainability.
- Provision of innovative solutions to environmental problems within the industries, commercials, residential, government, and public sectors.
- Provision of Expert Advisory services to our Clients.
- Provision of Monitoring and Assessment services in waste management and recycling, air & water pollution control, and noise & acoustics.
- Environmental Monitoring
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Noise and Acoustics
- Environmental Management System
- Waste Management
- Air and Water Pollution control
- Research and Development on Waste Management and Recycling
- Provision of Renewable Energy Service
- Energy Auditing and Consulting
- Training and Development
- Research and Development on Renewable Energy
- Provision of Sustainable Agricultural Consultancy Service
- Soil Management System
- Pest Control
- Integrated Livestock and Crop Management
- Research and Development on Sustainable Agriculture
- Provision of Sustainable Construction and Building Consultancy Service
- Green Building Rating System (Nigeria)
- Sustainable Building Analysis and Consultancy Service
- Sustainable Construction Analysis
- Research and Development on Sustainable Construction
- Provision of Water Management and Engineering Service
- Licensing and Permitting